Project Panorama has three shortcodes for embedding content into other posts and pages, and three shortcodes to add functionality to the projects themselves.
Shortcodes for Projects
You can use shortcodes to show and hide content based on phase or milestone completion. The shortcodes that allow you to do this are:
[before-phase][/before-phase] [during-phase][/during-phase] [after-phase][/after-phase] [before-milestone][/before-milestone] [after-milestone][/after-milestone]
Simply wrap the content you want to appear in the appropriate portion within the shortcode and Panorama will automatically hide or show it depending on the phases state.
For example, if you wanted to have different content for all three phases, you might have something that looked like this:
Embedding Content Outside of Projects
If you want to embed a project, portion of a project or list or projects into a post or page you can use one of three shortcodes.
You can display a list of all projects by using the
[project_list type="all" status="all" sort="start"]
shortcode. Project list has two options, which project types you’d like to display and the status of projects to display.
- Type: Can be “all” or the slug of the project type you’d like to list, for example “marketing.”
- Status: Can be “all” “active” or “complete”
- Sort: Can be “start” which sorts projects by start date or “end” which sorts by end date
- Order: Can be “ASC” (ascending) or “DESC” (descending).
- access: “user” (only shows users project) or “all” shows all projects even without access
- count: number of projects before pagination
- collapsed: true / false — if true a more condensed view
- target: true / false — open in a new window if true
- ids: only show specific projects (post IDs separated by a comma, e.g. 253,213,423)
Embed a Project
You can embed an entire project into your page or post by using the
shortcode. Project status has several options:
- id: This is the page ID of the project you’d like to embed
- progress: Do you want to display the progress bar, can be “yes” or “no”
- overview: Do you want to show the overview? can be “yes” or “no”
- milestones: How do you want to display the milestones? Can be “full”, “condensed” or “no”
- phases: Do you want to display phases? Can be “yes” or “no”
- tasks: Do you want to display tasks? (note: phases must be set to “yes”) Can be “yes”, “complete”, “incomplete” or “no”
[project_status id="792" progress="no" overview="yes" milestones="no" phases="yes" tasks="incomplete"] [project_status id="792" progress="yes" overview="yes" milestones="full" phases="yes" tasks="complete"]
Embed a Portion of a Project
If you’d like to just embed a portion of a project, you can do by using the
shortcode in a slightly different way.
There are two attributes you must fill out:
- id: This is the ID of the project you’d like to display
- display: What portion of the project you’d like to display, can be:
- progress (allows additional attribute of “style” with options of “full” or “condensed”)
- phases (allows additional attribute of “style” with options of “all”, “complete”, “incomplete” or “no”
- tasks (allows additional attribute of “style” with options “complete” or “incomplete”
[project_status_part id="792" display="documents"] [project_status_part id="792" display="overview"] [project_status_part id="792" display="progress" style="full"] [project_status_part id="792" display="phases" style="all"] [project_status_part id="792" display="tasks" style="tasks"]
Note: We’ve tried our best to ensure shortcodes render well across a wide range of themes. It is possible that your theme may not render projects in an ideal way and CSS modifications could be required.
Displays the list of projects from the Panorama dashboard. No attributes or options at this time.
Displays the entire Panorama dashboard, no attributes or options at this time.
Displays the project complete, incomplete, active breakdown from the Panorama dashboard.
Displays the list of tasks assigned to the current logged in user.
- id: user ID of list you want to display
- count: how many tasks to display
Displays the panorama calendar:
- user_id: Display the calendar of a particular user of list you want to display
- project_id: Display the calendar of a particular project
Displays the Panorama login form. No attributes or options at this time.