Panorama allows both manual and automatic e-mail notifications. If you use Slack, you might want to consider the Slack add-on by Real Big Plugins.
Before using either type of notifications, it’s important that you configure the default notification settings. This can be done by going to Projects > Settings and then clicking on the “Notifications” tab.
The default notification settings configure the name and e-mail address that will be used when a notification goes out provided it wasn’t triggered by a specific user. If these are not filled out, it’s possible your e-mail will not reach it’s destination.
Once configured, you users can manually send a notification by:
- Checking the “notify users of update” checkbox when editing a project through the WordPress back-end
- Changing the status of a document
- Send a notification through the project page if you have the front end editor add-on installed
- Uploading a new document if you have the front end uploader add-on installed
You can also enable automatic notifications by indicating which events you’d like to send an e-mail notification and to whom. You can add notifications by going to Projects > Settings > Notifications and scrolling down.
At this time, you can send a notification with the following events happen:
- A task is completed on the front end
- A project is completed
- A task is due today
- A task is overdue
- A new comment is left on a project
- A user is added to a project
Each automatic notification has configurable recipients, subject line and body.
You can either enter specific e-mail addresses (separated by a comma) or use the dynamic variable %users% or %target%.
%users% will send a notification to all users on the project.
%target% will send a notification to the user whom the notification is targeted towards, for example the user who has been assigned a task or has been added to a project.
Currently %target% is only supported by the following events:
- Task is due today
- Task is overdue
- User is added to a project
If you’re experiencing difficulty receiving notifications, please see our article on troubleshooting notifications.